Can I request a VAT refund if my goods were exported by a shipping company? / Yes, you can request a VAT refund if your goods were exported on a cargo ship, by a shipping company. When registering a receipt, choose the option to register a 'cargo' request, at the bottom of the first page of the registration process.

You can read about what documents you will need to provide here.