Am I eligible for a VAT refund if I am an international Student or Expat living in the EU? / If you are an international student or Expat and staying in the EU for six months or less, you are also eligible for a VAT refund.

If you are staying in the EU for a period of six months or more, and you are planning to leave the European Union anytime soon, make sure to deregister from city hall. You will then receive a confirmation of your de-registration which you will need once you visit EU-Customs for a Customs stamp.

Please note You can only reclaim your VAT over purchases made in the last three months before leaving the EU.